What Custom Type Services do you offer?
Typography is a strong visual expression of your brand and like colors, images, and visual elements, a typeface transports your core brand message. Using the right font for the job is critical, therefor not every font problem can or should be solved with an off-the-shelf solution. Characters Font Foundry offers a set of Custom Type Services that work in all situations.
Custom typefaces are taking the lead in corporate brands, now more than ever. It is no longer exclusively available to large enterprises, but it can be done at a smaller scale for medium-sized companies too. Characters Font Foundry creates custom / bespoke fonts that boost your brand to a higher level so you can outrun your competition.
We create every typeface from the ground up, therefor we always can guarantee an original design and a personal solution. We’re strong believers that only authentic personality creates credibility and trust.
We offer four Custom Type Services that will suit your needs:
We always work in close contact with our clients, be it corporations, institutions, municipalities, or creative professionals that need font solutions for their clients. You might need leverage for a corporate identity that you manage, a cost-effective creative font for an advertising campaign, a display font for a product packaging, a solution for licensing issues or any other branding challenge you might encounter.
We work closely with all the parties involved (design studios, advertising agencies, webdesign dept., software developers, language advisors, etc.) for the product scope. Only that way we can provide an appropriate solution.
Advantages of Custom Type
For a company it has many advantages to have their own custom typeface:
- Brand coherence: Custom typefaces will be consistent with the rest of a company’s brand design.
- Styles & weights: If a corporate typeface was developed from a logo, it is sometimes necessary to create a complete font family for it (Custom Light, Custom Bold, Custom Italic, etc).
- Cross-platform support: All our fonts are delivered in the (PostScript) OpenType font format, enabling them to work under different operating systems. Read more about Font Formats.
- Cost-effective: For a company with many workstations, the cost of developing a custom typeface is less expensive than licensing a retail font.
Custom Type examples
Contact us if you’re interested in your own custom font solution.
Any of our retail typefaces can be modified to fit your specific wishes and needs. The advantage of this solution over a custom typeface is that it is cost-effective. Our modified typefaces can be exclusively licensed, or paid on a project base. We can offer any solution that best fits your needs.
Advantages of Font Modification
For a company it has many advantages to have one of our retail typefaces modified to their wishes:
- Have a unique touch with a recognizable look-and-feel.
- Keeping costs low.
Font Modification examples
CFF Maastricht Sport is a font family that we modified for the Maastricht Municipality, department Sport.
Contact us if you would like us to modify one of our fonts and tailor it exclusively to your needs.
Logo to Type
Do you have a hand lettered logo and want a font based on that design? That’s a challenge we really love. Having a working typeface made from your hand own logo is a powerful way to distinguish your brand.
In the design process we extract the key visual elements and the overall personality. From there we start crafting a complete font. We can add OpenType features to beef up your logo typeface.
Advantages of Logo to Type
For a company it has many advantages to have a typeface made out of their handmade logo:
- Brand unity: The typefaces matches the company logo exactly.
- Brand coherence: Logo typefaces will be consistent with the rest of a company’s brand design.
- Cost-effective: No expensive font license needed. We do this on a project-base.
Logo to Type examples
Contact us if you want us to make a font from your handmade logo.
Font Design Digitization
Most graphic designers we know have a wish to create typefaces, but unfortunately time and technical know-how mostly gets in their way. You might have done sketches on a font for professional- or personal use. This is where we come in. We can digitize your sketches and craft a complete typeface from it, program the OpenType features and generate the right font format for the job. You will have a working typeface within days, depending on the material you supply.
Advantages of Font Design Digitization
For a designer or a company it has many advantages to have their own font design digitized:
- Visualize your own ideas.
- Use it for a project.
- Build your own typeface collection.
- Sell your own typeface yourself or through our network.
- Brag about it to your friends and colleagues.
Font Digitization examples
CFF Plan is an example of a font we digitized for Eindhoven-based design agency Plan A Ontwerp.
Contact us if you want us to digitize your font sketches.
Our Custom Typefaces are used for a large range of creative applications like corporate identities, packaging, websites, advertising and more. Take a look at the minisites for detailed information on our CFF typefaces.